Carassauga Festival of Cultures
On June 3rd through 5th, PRCF Indonesia participated, for the first time, in the Carassauga Festival of Cultures. The Indonesian pavilion was hosted by the Indonesian Consulate in Toronto, in partnership with the Indonesian Canadian Community Association (ICCA).
Our table at the event featured a presentation on: the “ikat” weaving process, images from the Sintang village of Ensaid Panjang, and of the crafts and products produced as part of the Cultural Revitalization Program in Indonesia.
A selection of products were offered for sale including:
- “Pua Kumbu” textiles (large enough to be used as a table cloth, wall hanging, or single bed cover) hand-woven and incorporating the use of natural dyes
- “Syals” (used as belts and neck scarves)
- Notebook covers made from traditional, colorful “ikat” weaving
- Baskets woven from rattan
- Skirts, bags, table runners and much more…
We were also able to distribute, for the first time, brochures about our new Youth Ambassador Program and show the new design for the Cultural Revitalization Program brochure (click to download). Both were well received by our table’s visitors![nggallery id=10]